Longwater Tai Chi Retreat - Shropshire
A week of Tai Chi, Qigong and good company in Shropshire, UK
Venue: Eaton Manor, Shropshire 2019 Dates: 2nd September to 9th September
Retreat 2018 Gallery
Retreat 2017 video
About the retreat
Since 2015 Longwater Tai Chi has been running small one week retreats near Bergerac, France. Students spend a week together studying a particular topic, as well as enjoying a relaxing location with good company. Topics in the past have included:
2015 - basic alignments and connecting lower and upper body.
2016 - removing unnecessary adornments from your form.
2017 - how to be comfortable but connected; integrating 2015/16.
2018 - understanding the energies of Grasp Birds Tail; Yang family Baduanjin.
Teaching is typically 3 hours a day, with an additional voluntary 2 hours for warmups and guided practice.
In 2019 we move to the UK!
We are happy to annouce we have finally found an excellent and affordable venue in the UK - so not more flights and car hire! See accomodation details below. We also hope this will allow us the open up the retreat to more people in the future as interest in what we teach grows. This year we plan to include one of our popluar 5 Seasons Qigong workshops during the retreat week, so others can attend and get a taster of what we do.
This year we are also planning to have all our evening meals catered, with students helping provide breakfasts and lunches. Charges include training fees, accommodation and shared food. Students are responsible for their own transport to the event and any extra costs not mentioned.
Eaton Manor Country Estate is a glorious rural retreat set in 500 acres of peaceful Shropshire countryside, offering award winning superior 4 and 5 star gold self catering properties, including holiday cottages, barn conversions and a manor house, with spacious private gardens.
With spectacular views to the dramatic Wenlock Edge and along the valley, each of our luxury properties is located in its own grounds, with generous private gardens (apart from Great Western Lodge, Woodpecker Way and Pheasant Walk which each have a private, enclosed patio.)
All holiday properties have excellent complimentary Wi-Fi.
The Manor House is a large self catering manor house (sleeping 14 in 7 en-suite bedrooms) which dates from 17th century and sits in an acre of enclosed rolling gardens.
Toad Hall is a luxury barn conversion (sleeping 14 in 6 en-suite bedrooms) set in idyllic grounds with a large private and enclosed garden in an un-spoilt location.
Curlew Cottage is a luxury self catering holiday cottage (sleeping 8 in 4 en-suite bedrooms). The property includes a patio area and beautifully maintained lawns, all enclosed, stretching to Eaton Brook.
Garden Cottage is a charming self catering country cottage (sleeping 3 in 2 en-suite bedrooms), with underfloor heating throughout and a large, enclosed, private garden and courtyard .
These four properties are spaced along the estate’s private drive so hiring all four is perfect for large family celebrations and reunions as they are so close together.
These amenities are included in the cost of your stay and you can use them as much as you would like:
- Swimming Pool: Open April to OctoberSwimming Pool. Open from April to October. Covered, heated and 7m x 4m in size
- Games Room: Well Equipped & Heated Games Hall
- Croquet Lawn
- Playing Field: Enormous & Flat Playing Field. Laser-levelled therefore ideal for all sorts of sports and games
- Private Walks on the Estate. There are 500 acres of countryside on our estate to explore including a number of private walks for guests to enjoy (with maps provided in each of the houses)
- 30/09/18 - Toad Hall, Curlew Cottage and Garden Cottage booked!
- 31/12/18 - All accomodation now fully subscribed. If you are still interested in joining us let us know as additional accomodation may be possible to arange.
- 25/05/19 - On Sat 7th-Sun 8th during the retreat we will be also running our 5 Seasons Qigong workshop, inviting others to join us for the the day and a half. Retreat resumes after lunch on Sunday!